Speer Introduces a New Line of Gold Dot Personal Protection Rifle Ammunition
LEWISTON, Idaho - May 19, 2020 - Speer Gold Dot Handgun ammunition’s reliability has made it the No. 1 choice for law enforcement. Now Speer is offering the same performance for self-defense rifle applications. New Gold Dot Rifle ammunition is engineered to provide industry-leading performance in FBI protocol testing through barrels less than 16 inches long. Shipments of this new product have begun to arrive at dealers.
The bullets loaded in the New Gold Dot Rifle ammunition line are built using Speer’s exclusive Uni-Cor method. The jacket is bonded to the core one atom at a time, virtually eliminating core-jacket separation and creating a projectile that’s accurate, tough and consistent through all common barriers.
Features & Benefits
- New self-defense rifle loads optimized for peak FBI protocol performance though barrels shorter than 16 inches
- 75-grain 223 Rem. recommended for 1-in-9-inch barrel twist or faster
- 55-grain 223 Rem. option offers reduced penetration for less risk to bystanders
- Consistent penetration and expansion through common barriers
- Extremely uniform jacket maximizes accuracy
- Gold Dot technology virtually eliminates core-jacket separation
- Nickel-plated brass
- Reliable, sensitive primer
Speer ammunition can be found at dealers nationwide or purchased online direct from Speer.