Gold Dot was the first handgun ammunition loaded with true, bonded-core bullets. Using our exclusive Uni-Cor method, we bond the jacket to the core one molecule at a time at the very beginning of the bullet construction process. This virtually eliminates core-jacket separation. With options for both standard handguns and short barrels, there’s a Gold Dot load to fit any shooter.
- The bullet begins with an alloyed lead core.
- Uni-Cor electrochemical process virtually eliminates core/jacket separation and guarantees uniform jacket thickness for superior accuracy.
- Nickel-plated brass cases for smooth functioning and durability.
- Select, clean burning propellants deliver optimum velocity while ensuring consistent chamber pressures.
- CCI primers for highly sensitive and reliable performance.
Built To Perform
Each Gold Dot hollow point cavity is tuned by specific caliber and bullet weight to ensure optimum performance. We form the hollow point cavity in two stages. The first establishes how far the bullet can expand; the second controls the rate of expansion. This patented two-step cavity formation gives Speer engineers incredible control in the design process. Each bullet caliber and weight is tuned for optimum expansion and penetration. The bullet is then finished to provide a smooth profile for reliable feeding in semi-automatic handguns.
Performance You Can Count On
To ensure Gold Dot performs when you need it most, we first make sure it excels in the stringent tests developed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for service-class handgun cartridges. These protocol tests evaluate penetration, expansion and retained weight in bare gelatin and gelatin shielded by common barriers.